Joanna Rogowska RMT,
Registered Massage Therapist, Toronto, Ontario
Joanna Rogowska, RMT, CR, Dipl.ST (Hon)
I became a registered massage therapist because I am passionate about health and wellbeing and I believe in the art of healing through touch. I am a registered massage therapist (RMT) who is certified in both Europe and Canada. I have 11 years of clinical experience at the Pacific Wellness Institute.
I enjoy working with my clients to find the best treatment for their individual needs, using my skills in shiatsu, massage therapy, and reflexology. I am an Honours Graduate from The Shiatsu Academy of Tokyo which is a 2,200-hour shiatsu course and is the highest level of training outside of Japan. I am also certified in Reflexology in both hands and feet and I have taken post-graduate studies in Myofascial Integration, Suikodo, and deep tissue massage. I use a variety of these techniques in my treatments, customized to each of my clients’ individual needs. It is my goal to help you reduce tension and relieve stress to improve every facet of your life. Whether you are healing from injury or just looking for effective stress management, my massage treatments will suit you!
I look forward to working with you at The Pacific Wellness Institute.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)
- Shiatsu Practitioner Diploma (Dipl.ST Hon) – Honours Graduate from The Shiatsu Academy of Tokyo (a 2200 hours program the highest training outside of Japan)
- Certified Reflexologist (CR) in both feet and hands
- Certificate of ADVT Myofascial Integration graduate studies program (Kikkawa College)
- Certificate of ADVT Suikodo graduate studies program (Kikkawa Shiatsu School)
- Current member with Shiatsu Diffusion Society
- Current member with the College of Reflexology (OCR)
- Current member with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO)
Main Areas of Practice Include (but not limited to):
- Abdominal Shiatsu Massage
- Combined Bodywork (Swedish, Shiatsu, Reflexology)
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Hand Reflexology
- Joint Mobilization
- Manual Lymph Drainage
- Myofascial Release
- Prenatal Massage
- Reflexology (certified)
- Relaxation Massage
- Remedial Exercise
- Shiatsu Therapy (certified)
- Swedish Massage
- Therapeutic Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Treatment (if indicated, and optional to clients)
Health and Wellness Articles written by Joanna Rogowska, RMT, CR, Dipl.ST (Hon)
Updated: September 06, 2019
Continuing my desire to improve how and what I am doing for my clients in the last 2 years I have completed additional courses.
In 2018 I travelled to India and attended Aithen Ayurveda Massage School in Goa successfully completed the Indian Head Massage course. Then in 2019 I became certified in Therapeutic Ultrasound through the National Wellness Institute of Education. Both of these new modalities are available when booking an appointment with me.
I love travelling but equally enjoy become a more experienced capable therapist in order to help my clients.
Mon 10am – 6pm (last appointment)
Tue 4pm – 6pm (last appointment)
Wed 10am – 6pm (last appointment)
Fri 10am – 5pm (last appointment)